Headway has announced that it is now fully compliant with the Governance code, a Code of Practice for Good Governance of Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations in Ireland. The code sets standards for the way that our organisation is run, directed and controlled. It is based on five main principles:
- Transparency and Accountability
You can read about the governance code at http://governancecode.ie/ and the register of compliant organisations is at http://governancecode.ie/organisations.php . You can download our declaration of compliance here.
We in Headway are fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Voluntary ICTR ‘Statement of Guiding Principles of Fundraising’. We commit to doing this by:
- Maintaining good fundraising practice
- Providing high levels of accountability and transparency to our donors and prospective donors from the public
- Providing clarity and assurances to you about how we spend your money
- Ensuring we deliver Headway annual reports
We at Headway have considered the Statement and we believe we meet the standards it sets out.
Charity Legislation: We are fully compliant with current charity legislation. You can find more information on the legislation for the charity sector here – www.charitiesinstitute.ie.
Our Donor Charter: We will ensure that we are accountable and transparent in every facet of our business so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in all aspects of the way in which we run our organisation. You can view our charter here.
Headway Disclosure Statement: Headway is open about whether those seeking donations on its behalf are volunteers, employees of the organisation, or third party agents. It is our policy that anyone fundraising on behalf of Headway must ensure that donors are aware of their status, i.e. volunteers, employees or third party agents.
Our Complaints Procedure: The process provides safe, accessible and effective ways for individuals to exercise their right to raise complaints about our operations, and for a response or redress to be given. We welcome feedback in every manner, please read our procedure and please do not hesitate to get in touch. Should you have any questions then please contact our Information and Support Team on 1800 400 478 or-email email@example.com
Public Compliance Statement: You can read our public compliance statement here.
Data Protection: We are fully compliant with all Data Protection requirements and have ensured that staff understand their responsibilities. View our Privacy Notice here or our Website Privacy information . You can download a copy of the full Headway Data Protection policy or our Privacy Notice in pdf format.
Headway is committed to providing, to the best of our ability, services, procedures, information, facilities, and events, that people of all abilities can understand, and use, as fully as possible.
We are also committed to working with others in our communities, to improve accessibility for all people, particularly those with hidden disabilities, such as acquired brain injury.
If there is anything particular we can do to make your visit to Headway or your use of this website easier, please let us know . We will do our best to assist you. Information about our website accessibility is here .
We also aim to provide a service that reflects the diversity of the people whom we serve. We hope to achieve this through fostering a “culturally competent” approach by:
- Continuously developing an awareness of the concept of cultural competence within Headway,
- assessing the ethos of our organisation,
- ensuring effective communication and language access and
- by reflecting on and respecting cultural diversity in all of our services.
Your feedback is important to us. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to tell us what you think about how we are doing and how we can improve. There are lots of ways you can give us feedback. Here are just a few:
- You can speak to any member of staff directly
- You can telephone us at any of our locations
- Each year we conduct a survey of our clients and other stakeholders using a system called USPEQ
- All of our centres have a comment box, you can drop in a written comment there
- You can get in touch with us via our website contact form
- If you’re not happy about something or would like to communicate something to us you can make a complaint or a comment – see our guide to our comments and complaints policy