Headway, Brain Injury Services & Support has been offering services to patients and clients affected by an acquired a brain injury since 1985. Read about the scope of our services here.
- Quality. Headway offers a quality-assured brain injury service. CARF International (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) has awarded Headway accreditation for the maximum period of three years for its Home and Community and Vocational Services (Brain Injury Speciality Programmes) for adults.
- Locations. We have centres around Ireland and a National Helpline. This offers people affected by a brain injury different ways to access us, no matter where they live. See what services we offer by region here.
- Ease. We want to make it as simple as possible to access a service. Just download and complete our referral form, get it signed by the person being referred and return it to the relevant centre.
- Expertise. Headway has an expert team comprising Clinical Neuropsychologists and rehabilitation staff with specialisations in acquired brain injury.
- Collaboration. We work together with other professionals in the community to provide the highest quality services to our clients.
We offer Community-based services
Headway provides rehabilitation services in the community for adults with a brain injury, including stroke. We also offer information, counselling and support groups for family members over the age of 18.
Our services are based in the community and usually take place during office hours.
We aim to provide 1-2-1 and/or group services that meets the clients’ needs. This could comprise of support to go back to work or college, to build up confidence and renew skills, to meet other people to share experiences, specialised talk therapy, Neuropsychological rehabilitation and assessment or structured daytime activities with a higher level of support.
Information Support and Resources
We also have a brain injury Information and Support Service available to all. Staff on this team provide support over the phone, online and via email, as well as excellent free and practical booklets on living with a brain injury. These resources are available in hard copy, to download or online.
Click on the links on the right for more details about each service:
Or watch this short video to understand the range of services that Headway offers.
Making a referral
You can see our application criteria and application forms here
See also our Commonly Asked Questions page for professionals.
If you have any questions, a member of our Information and Support Team will be happy to assist you on Freephone 1800 400 478 or email us to: email@example.com.