Would you consider leaving a gift in your will for people living with brain injury? You will be providing much needed financial support to our services. No gift will be too big or too small and it will enable us to continue our rehabilitative work.
You can make a will at any time. And by making a will, you make sure that your wishes will be followed when you are gone.
When making a will or amending your existing will, it is worth speaking to a solicitor about your plans. A solicitor will be able to advise you on the best options available to you.
What do I do next?
- Find a solicitor in your area. Contact the Law society for further details www.lawsociety.ie.
- Consider who you would like to look after your financial affairs (your executors). Ensure that the persons you select would be willing to act in that role.
- Consider how you would like your assets divided, bearing in mind your obligations to people who are close to you.
- Visit your solicitor to discuss your plans and to allow him/her to prepare your will. S/he should advise you in terms of the tax implications of leaving legacies to family, friends or charities.
- Let Headway know that you are leaving us a gift in your will. It will help us to plan for the future and also will give us the opportunity to say thank you!
Contact: (01) 6040800
Post: Headway, Blackhall Green, Off Blackhall Place, Dublin 7