Financial and Legal

If you’re on a social welfare payment, and can’t meet your living costs, contact the Community Welfare Officer. Dept of Social Protection t: 1890 927 770

Check if you’re due any payments if you have a: Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection Plan, or Health Insurance.

MABS (Money Advice and Budgeting Service) gives free advice to anyone facing financial difficulties. t: 076 107 2000 w:

See also Payments and grants

FLAC (Free Legal Advice Centres) t: 1890 350 250 w:

Legal Aid Board can give you low-cost legal services, and advice, if you’re on a low-income.t: 1890 615 200 w:

Finding a solicitor: if you want to take a legal case or claim compensation, it’s best to talk to a solicitor with experience in brain injury. Most solicitors don’t charge for a first meeting. is the government body which deals with personal injury claims. t: 1890 829 121.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email