Care and Caring

Support and information for carers

Headway t: 1800 400 478 w: . See our information on family supports here.

The Carers Association t: 1800 24 07 24.

Caring for Carers t: 065 686 6515.

Nursing homes and care facilities

Ask your Hospital Social Worker, HSE Public Health Nurse, or GP Practice Nurse for advice and a list. Nursing Homes Ireland has details of nursing homes who are registered members. t: 01 429 2570 w:

See for useful inspection reports.

Paying for care: see Payments and grants

Care at home: talk to your Hospital Social Worker, Disability Liaison Nurse, or Disability Manager, about getting a HSE Home Care Package. This may include nursing, home help or personal assistance.

Private home care providers: ask your Public Health Nurse or GP Practice Nurse about local services. Some private home care companies are registered members of Home and Community Care Ireland. t: 083-192-4987 w:

If you need a break from caring, ask your GP, Public Health Nurse, Social Worker or HSE Disability Manager. They may be able to get respite care for your family member.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email