Would you consider leaving a gift in your will for people living with brain injury? You will be providing much needed financial support to services. No gift will be too big or too small and it will enable us to continue our rehabilitative work and help us to plan for the future.
We understand that you will want to ensure you take care of your family as a priority, but it’s also a tremendous opportunity to help secure the future of work that matters to you.
By making a will you make sure that your wishes will be followed when you are gone. Your affairs will be in order and it reduces complications for loved one.
You can make a will at any time.
When making a will or amending your existing will it is worth speaking to a solicitor about your plans in detail. A solicitor will be able to advise you on the best options available to you.
No gift is too small to make a difference or help our clients. So if you are able to remember our work in your Will, you’ll ensure we can continue to keep funding services for survivors of brain injury.
What do I do next?
- Find a solicitor in your area. Contact the Law society for further details www.lawsociety.ie.
- Make a list of all your assets with their approximate value
- Make a list of all your liabilities
- Consider who you would like to look after your financial affairs (your executors). Ensure that the persons you select would be willing to act in that role.
- Consider how you would like your assets divided, bearing in mind your obligations to people who are close to you.
- Visit your solicitor to discuss your plans and to allow him/her to prepare your will. S/he should advise you in terms of the tax implications of leaving legacies to family, friends or charities.
- Include a gift to Headway. Your solicitor will write this into your will.
- Let Headway know that you are leaving us a gift in your will. It will help us to plan for the future and also will give us the opportunity to say thank you!
Contact: Sarah Benson
Telephone: (01) 6040800
Post: Headway, Blackhall Green, Off Blackhall Place, Dublin 7